Monday, January 25, 2010

ABC BLOCKS using vinyl

I wanted to make some alphabet blocks for Christmas and told my neice about it...and she got the ball rolling. She went and bought 2 - 2 x 2 pieces of wood and cut and sanded about 150 blocks. She then came over and we painted them and then my daughters and I put Vinyl lettering on them. To seal them I used Mod Podge. They were so fun and they turned out great and my little girls LOVE them. The letters have capital letters on one side and lower case on the other. The numbers have different shapes. What's even more fun is the box I got to put them in. I will post a picture when I get on taken.

1 comment:

Irishgirl said...

Hi Natalie,
I'm an at home (LDS) mom who loves to craft also!! I'd craft something all day long if I could! I have a question...even though I'm crafting tons of different things often...I've never gotten around to buying any cartridges for my 6X6 cricut...and have had it a few years. I happened upon your blog from the internet looking up vinyl lettering and I was wondering if I was to purchase the SCAL and/or Make a Cut...would you suggest buying it from the link that you have on your blog? And could I ask where you purchase your vinyl...seeing that I have no luck finding it at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I've made a pretty decent amount of crafts from my Cricut (signs) but haven't tried using vinyl and I was pretty bummed when the Cricut then came out with the larger 12X12 Cricut size!! Any advice would be great and appreciated!! : )

Thanks, Lauren : )