Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Door 2009 - TREASURE THEME

This year our Elementary chose HOLLYWOOD WEEK for a theme and so I went along those lines with the movie National Treasure. I decorated the door and said, "Mrs. AUlt is our NATIONAL TREASURE." On the door I copied The Declaration of Independence onto cream cardstock and then I wadded the paper up into a ball a few time , burnt the edges and chalked and inked it. For the all seeing eye and torch, I printed those off of the internet and added chalk, glitter and clear, liquid dimensional embellishment called glossy Accents. Then I put together a scrapbook that contained pictures of the class, a sheet filled out by all the students... The top 10 things I TREASURE about Mrs. Ault and also a thank you note from the parents. Then I found a small treasure chest and made a satin pillow and filled it with gold dollar presidential coins. I just picked them up at a local credit union. Here are some pictures of what it looked like. Just click on the picture to see it larger. :)











I also included some of her favorite quotes in the book, such as "To teach is to touch a life forever."

2 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW NAT!!! This stuff is amazing, I'm sure the lucky teacher was thrilled.

The Grant Family said...

Mrs. Ault's door looked the BEST! Thanks for doing such a great job!